Good to know
Prices are per person and include the outlined program. Discounts are given for children up to 12 years of age.
Please bring your own sleeping bag and towels. Accommodation on our riding tours will be in our small summer houses around our farm (rooms with two to four beds), in our farm house (double and triple rooms) and in different accommodations during our tours (dormitory, rooms with several beds). Common showers and toilettes per house.
On our riding tours you will get full board. Normally we start with a dinner on the day of your arrival and end with breakfast on your day of departure. Full board includes breakfast, lunch (sandwiches, cookies etc.) and a big warm meal for dinner. Home made cakes are often served. We cook Icelandic, German and Swiss with fresh meat, fish and vegetables as well as varied milk products. We provide coffee, tea and water. Alcoholic drinks are not included!
We pick up and drop off our guests at the airport or the bus station in Akureyri. To protect the environment we try to limit the number of transfers. Please understand when you are not directly picked up after your arrival. During your waiting time it might be a good idea to visit the capital of the north. You can leave you baggage at the airport or the bus station.
At Grętubakki we insist that all our guests use riding helmets. We provide helmets as well as rain clothes.
Tours are based on a minimum number of guests. If there are less participants than we have the right to cancel the tour. In this case we try to offer an alternative solution/riding tour for the affected guests.
We reserve the right to alter any itinerary in the guests best interest or for reasons of safety.
It is advisable to have your own personal insurance when joining one of our riding tours. All tours are undertaken at the participants own risk.
To protect the Icelandic horse from infectious diseases, visitors are asked to adopt strict bio security measures. Riding clothes and boots must be disinfected before you arrive, used riding equipments such as bridles, whips etc. may not be imported. We will send you the official disinfection instructions by request.
Prepare for all kind of weather when travelling to Iceland. Bring warm clothes, gloves, ear band, warm jacket and good shoes!.
- All prices include VAT.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, itineraries or timetables without prior notice, should the necessity arise. No liability is accepted for loss or expenses due to delays or changes of arrival or departures of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, wars or other causes outside our control. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the traveler.
- We do not incur liability for any kind of accidents or material or personal damage.
- We encourage clients to obtain relevant travel and accident insurance before taking part on a riding tour.
- To wear a helmet is obligatory for all long and short riding tours.
- Used riding equipment has to be disinfected or dry-cleaned.
- Cancellation has to be made by fax or letter. We recommend our guest to take out travel cancellation insurance.